VW Forum banner

Computer Reset

14K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  trascheasche 
#1 ·
Just replaces the 02 sensors on my Jetta, will the check engine light go off after a while or do I need to reset the computer?

#5 ·
have you just tried pulling the ground off the battery and leaving it for half an hour? i have heard that it sometimes works, my check engine light came on because of a bad ignition coil (I MEAN IT WAS BAD) so i cleaned up the grounds and it worked but the light was still on....i just unplugged the battery and it was all back to normal!

#6 ·
Tried disconnecting the battery twice once for 15 then another for 25, maybe ill take it off again for a little longer. But since then Ive been to two auto part stores and had the codes cleared but then after 20 or so miles the light comes back on. I dont know what could be going wrong, I just took the sensor off then put another one on. Also today I put a product Seafoam in my gas tank, a guy said it might help clean off whatever is causing the error.

Anyone have any other ideas on what might be causing the light to keep coming on?? Im pretty clueless at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.