VW Forum banner

i need opinions about injectors cleaning fluid

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Chris1977 
#1 ·
Hello
Somebody recomand me the BG 208 44K (the first product on the downlist from the website)

BG Company

Is somebody here who can give me some advices?It is a good prodict, it is ok to use it for a gas engine?

On the website they say taht is miraculous :)

Thank you :)

#2 ·
I only use Lucus fuel treatment. Put a small bottle in your tank when you fill up, cleans the injectors very well. Highly recommended. You can get it at any local auto parts place (Advance Auto, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, Napa, etc.)

#14 · (Edited)
it doesnt fix..... it cleans....put in the tank to clean fuel injectors, lines and filter.
then in the oil for only 100 miles to clean the inside of the engine, and threw the brake booster vac line to clean the intake.

you really only need one can. pore half in the tank.
then half of whats left into the brake booster vac line slowly.
only if you need, or going to clean the inside of the engine you can pore half in there as well.

#16 ·
Seafoam is amazing stuff. Highly recommended! Lucas is good stuff too; Chris you may be able to order one or the other, or both, online and have it shipped to ya. It probably wouldn't be very cost effective, but you'll know you're getting good stuff.

#17 ·
I will ask a friend of mine from Florida, to send me one Lucas and one Seafoam. I have FSI engine and it is having problems with the injectors, i allready change 2 of 4 :( :(
I really need this to clean those injectors
In this stupid Europe we can not find products of this high quality as you have in USA& Canada :(

SO, the last oppinion, wich is the best, Seafoam or Lucas to clean injectors?

ps: if you remember i present to you an event from here, 80 vw golf from mk1 to mk6 from the last year, this year we will be on the same place 150 vw golf :), and i must have untill then my ride 100% fine :)

#19 ·
Seafoam is great if you need to do a couple things at once, like truefire04 was describing. Lucas is probably the best fuel system cleaner out there, but it's not cheap either. That tiny bottle posted on the previous page will run you $5 USD, but you can buy a gallon for $30 USD. =]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.