VW Forum banner

JOM Coilovers - bargain or bust?

53K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Pssst...passed you 
#1 ·
Just a few questions on these:

Has anyone run these? Anyone want to share ar review?

These are not adjustabvle damping, so on a scale of 1-10 what is the "bouncy" level compared to a stock "sport" suspension?

Do they feel "floaty" or stiff and jarring?

Can get these for around 350 shipped so worth the money?

what else do you rec i change out while i am in there installing?

And finally, is the Strut spreader tool really needed on an MKIV?
If so, where can I get one?

#5 ·
From the place:

Veedubmachine

I have a set now in my living room. They look just like the Vmaxx, so i am on the fence about installing them currently. i figured for the price i had to try them and i could sell them if i did not like them for no real loss. I have been following a thread on the tex about them and everyone there seems to think pretty highly of them, just thought i check on the experiences over here.

Can't afford air ride and for 900-2000 i could get some B&Gs, PSS9s or Konis!! these are cheap and you get what you pay for in most situations, but i just thought "why not"?

sometimes you find a gem out there on that Interweb...

#7 ·
I ran them for a season. I have since sold them off and now run a Koni setup with different springs.

They were not horrible at a normal height, but still too harsh for street driving according to my woman. Then I dumped them and they were not good. on a noraml road they were fine, but on a seperated concrete or a road with minor bumps they were VERY unforgiving. a couple times i thought my front Damper was going to go flying out of the top of my shock tower....

lesson learned, were solid for a year, but i would not buy them again if you want anything but LOW. (BTW, they did go low as F*** though)

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.