VW Forum banner

VW Golf Plus

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  NotoriousDUB 
#1 ·
Volkswagen is slotting a third Golf derivative called creatively enough the "Golf Plus" in between the current Golf V and Touran models. This new model is intended to compete with a growing segment of European models that have taller greenhouses, more space and utility but don't offer a third row seating option and thus keep the overall dimensions more compact.

full story
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1094.shtml

opinions? i personally think it looks like the golf 5 mixed with a suzuki aerio

See less See more
#5 ·
audomatik said:
bluerabbit0886 said:
its too bad because they will never bring them over unless there is a huge gas crisis here.
... which will happen soon since bush is back in office :(
let's keep politics out of this thread...I agree with both Joshs too. Looks pretty coo to me, but it does have a hint of a suzuki in there with the tallness of it, and a dash of the newer mazdas (front end)...just noticed... the show was in Bologna!! haha.
mmmmmmmmm!

#6 ·
Yeah, sorry guys, I meant in no way to turn this political.
I just feel that the Golf plus would fair great against other such vehicles in the scarce "mid-compact" market, such as the Vibe, Scion Xa/Xb, Matrix.
I think as a country, we can take a good lesson from Europes automotive trends dealing specifically with there high gas prices, and decission to concern themselves with good utilitarian small vehicles. Not saying that we are in anyway heading for $5.00/gallon at the moment, but it will secure our ability to be less reliant/worried about future shortages, and inturn $5.00 gallons. Granted we, geographically as a nation are a little larger in size compared to Europe, but I don't see why we couldn't adapt the same automotive practices. Just my opinion.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#7 ·
They'll just keep making them bigger. When will they come out with the Golf Minus. That's the one I want.

#11 ·
VW will bring something samller and cheaper over here... The golf base prices keep going up and up, I think the mk5 is something like 18k, and that is the lowest prices car VW/Audi will have... They will bring something else over for the lower market... Lupo or Polo... Even this new Golf Plus would be awsome

#13 ·
JFryauff said:
The bastards better bring the Polo and the Lupo over!
If they keep this steady drop in sales year to year they will hopefully get a wakeup call and realize there is huge market in the lower priced cars...that is where they got their start.... That is the VW roots...

Low priced, very reliable, economical, and fun to drive cars...

With the exception of a few cars... IMO... the Economical is the only one that they still have... and the one we care the least about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.