VW Forum banner

Warning Lights

23K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sdhelzer 
#1 ·
Unfortunately my 2005 Jetta GLI did not come with an owner's manual. What does the warning light mean with the exclamation point in a triangle? That light and the ABS light have been on since I bought it. Apparently the VW dealer will charge me over $100 to check the sensors for me.

Also, where could I buy an owner's manual?

#2 · (Edited)
Hello, T-Riz,

Once again, I hear from people that have bought a VW from someone or a dealer without detailed documented service records or even an owner's manual.

Oh well...

Your ASR (Anti-Slip-Regulation [exclamation point in the triangle]) and your ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System) are the problem(s); one or the other is malfunctioning... they work together in harmoney or not at all.

Cause(s) of the problem could be single or multiple. Unless you are an expert with the "newer" VW's I recommend that you take it back to your dealership and have them diagnosis the problem further.

By the way since your Jetta is a 2005 could it be still under warranty???

While you are there you might want to ask where you can get an "official" VW owner's manual for your VW. It won't be very specific for repairs but it might give you some insight on routine maintenance and what dashboard warning items mean.

Oh, by the way... you should really should post on the "MK5" forum in the future. The folks there will be in a much better position to help you than those in this "general" forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.