VW Forum banner

Not Enough Heat

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  91jetta 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 91 Jetta GL last night. Now the fun begins...

The heat doesn't seem very hot (even when the engine is at operating temperatures).
Any ideas? Thermostat?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe:

Any ideas? Thermostat?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost 99% that you are right on that one...and since these are cheap it won't hurt to have one replaced anyway since your car is 1991.

#3 ·
yes most likely thermo... but theres always the possibility its the heater core b/c when i had my 92 golf i went through all the possible things to get heat and the last and most expensive thing to replace was the heater core... hopefully its only a thermo for u... good luck

#4 ·
yeah if you put your defrosters on and start to get a film on the windshield and the heater makes a funny smell, that is your heater core. those are a bitch and expensive so lets hope its not that. i would say thermo but i am not 100% on that! hope it gets all better!

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Maybe the recall hasn't been done. I noticed that there was a recall on the heater cores. If I'm doing the thermostat, is it much more dificult to do the timing belt and water pump at the same time? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.