VW Forum banner

Sideskirt options for MK2s?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  TruBluJettaMK2 
#1 ·
I'm tired of my stock side skirt with the broken jack-flaps. I've tried searching for a few things online, but it's tough trying to find something to replace it with. I was even considering finding an old stock pair and moulding the flaps shut, sanding, and applying the Forever Black stuff on them. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks!

#3 ·
Yeah, but the only thing that irks me about the stock ones are those stupid flaps that either won't stay closed or break right off.

#5 ·
Once I find a solid set, I think I'll be going that route. The aftermarket ones I've found (few and far between!) look horrid, and are expensive as hell!

#6 ·
you have the big bumper side skirts. the ones for the small bumpers i think are like glued on or somthing. they don't have the flaps yet look very similar, just don't stick down as far. that might be an optiopn so you never have to worry about them. i might lok tomorrow to see how they are on. if anybody knows let me know

#7 ·
Do you think the small bumper side skirts would look goofy on a big bumper car? I'm just looking for a linear, simple look. The flaps are my biggest gripe about these things.

#10 ·
Well for me, fatter's usually better. But as long as there's a unified look all the way across the skirts, it'll work for me. If I do go about molding the flaps onto the big bumper skirts, what's the best way/materials to use so that it looks as good as possible? I'll be using the Forever Black finish after I get all my trim problems settled, so I'm hoping this will further enhance the look of the molded skirts.

V-dubGuy: It's tough to make out the difference because of the black shadows. Nonetheless, it sounds like it would work as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.