'99 Jetta 5spd 2.0L - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
MK3 Discussion area for the third generation Golf III and Jetta III produced from 1993 to 1999 including Cabrio models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Unhappy '99 Jetta 5spd 2.0 HELP!!!!!

Hey everyone,
Obviously new here, and having some problems. My 99 Jetta 5spd 2.0 is having some alarm problems. The alarm will randomly go off sometimes when I try to start the car or even just open the door, when I don't lock it. My key fob doesn't work and the only thing that stops the alarm is taking out the fuse and putting it back in again. The red light on my door lock will blink and that's when I know it has the potential to go off at any moment. I haven't found one feed that has an answer to this problem and I have searched all over the internet. Also, My car will sometimes stall out while in neutral or stopped at a light or something in first. This may be the throttle positioning sensor that just needs to be tightened, Right now it's not running. It's trying to turn over but just not getting that extra push it needs to start. I believe it could be the spark plugs. Recently replaced A.C. Condenser and battery. Also my hazards don't work. I just replaced the entire switch. If anyone could please for the love of god help me out. I get so many different answers and they are all different. I would rather do the work myself instead of overpaying a mechanic at a shop and dealerships are wayyyy too expensive. Anything you can give me will be a major help. I really love this car and don't want to get rid of it. Thanks so much! xoxo!

Last edited by nd489; 04-26-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Garage
I hope you find your answers and if you do post them on here so we can know how to fix our cars aswell! My hazards don't work and my fob doesn't work, I'd start with replacing your spark plugs, that could be the problem with starting your car, the hazard lights might be a fuse, I haven't had a chance to check mine as its in the shop, also I have an MK4 jetta so it might be a little different, and someone in general volkswagen, said that theres a video to reprogram your fob and it should fix the alarm too.

Link to forum thread of guy saying what video would fix the fob

I hope you find your answers, good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.