VW Forum banner

selling gti

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  VWjetta97 
#1 ·
you think how much i can get for my vr6?

IT HAS: 110,000 mileage and has all this mods
abd big bore
k&n intake
k&n breather
neuspeed front strut
neuspeed chip
neuspeed spring
wingwest body kit
spoiler
apc rear light
autometer carbon fiber pod
autometer air fuel
autometer volt
17''7 moda rims with yokohama tires
alpine cd player
ractive shift knob
custom interior paint

trying to sell my car for 8,000 for a new car and tuition fee..
but im having some trouble selling it coz the mileage for the price i want..advice..how can i sell my car for 8G..??

See less See more
#2 ·
You won't get 8000. not even close. Sorry to say, but with that mileage you'd be lucky to get blue book. Believe me the mods are nice, but the sad thing about all the money you put in is that you'll never get that money out of it. :cry: I suggest parting out the mods on this forum or others... then you may get the money back for the mods.

#4 ·
well if the blue book says that then yes you could get atleat 7500 with mods..but you jus gotta find the right customer...ppl jus tell you the mileage is to high yet in reality it isn't they jus wanna negotate with yah to get you lower STAND YOUR GROUND! :lol:

#7 ·
Values from Edmunds for a private party sale, 1998 GTI VR6 with 110,000 miles (guessed on the year since you didn't say):

Outstanding condition: $6000
Clean condition: $5400
Average condition: $4000

The only figure I could get over $7000 was outstanding dealer retail of around $7500, but that is not a price you should be asking in a private-party sale.

KBB estimates $6600 in excellent condition and $6000 in good condition.

Even though you have lots of mods, many of them are not desirable to many buyers - Wings West kit, APC lights, painted interior, etc. At the very least, remove those items and sell them seperately, it will make it easier to find a buyer. Items like the chip, K&N filter, CD player, etc. could be kept on the car because they are less visible.

Your best bet is going to be to part out at least some of the mods and sell it in as close to stock condition as possible. But as it stands, in either stock OR modded condition, $8K is far too optimistic of a price. The mods you have done do not warrant a $2-3K premium over an unmodified vehicle.

#10 ·
Buying a VR6

I'm buying a 1995 GTI VR6 tomorrow and I'm giving him $6500. This car has 74,000 miles on it and was best in class in two car shows....one in '02 and one in '03. Everything is immaculate. Even the wheel wells are spotless. It's white with 9 spoke VW wheels. He wanted $6900 and I asked him how low he would go and he said that $6500 would be ok...

#12 ·
Are you talking to me?

Hey are you talking to me? I'm not selling a GTI. I'm in NC and I'm trying to sell a 95 mk3 sport golf w/ a 2.0...I've been looking for my VR6 for the past year and I'm not about to let it go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.