VW Forum banner

what do you think??

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lax5 
#1 ·
Im new to the forum and vw's in general. I don't actually have a VW yet but I'm hoping to trade my car for one this week. This is one I'm going to look at hopefully Tuesday. Is this a good deal? Any certain problems I should look for? As I don't know much about these cars I'm mostly into trucks
96 Jetta Trek 2.0t

#2 ·
honestly id get a vr6 over the 2.0...even if its already running a turbo. youll have alot more potential and you dont have to worry about if he did everything right on it.

#6 · (Edited)
i mean that whenever people modify cars you dont know how well they did it. Also modified car have a lot higher chance that they have been driven hard. I would much rather buy a stock car from someone who hasnt modified the car at all and just do the work myself to make sure its done well. Add that to the fact that you could just get a vr6 and already start with a lot more power and a lot more potential for power, i would just look for a vr6. mcrow is also right...how much does the guy want for the car? also he doesn't put anything up about how many miles it has on it or anything. that is all stuff that is really important when buying a car, especially if its been boosted. Id probably also ask how long the turbo has been on there. if its been on there for the past 100K then a lot of things are probably wearing out. I dont want to discourage you from getting it if that is what your heart is set on but you need a lot more info than what is in the craigslist post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.