VW Forum banner

007 DV Install?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dubnoob 
#1 ·
I tried to do a search and I'm an idiot. Can anyone post a link to instructions on installing a 007 DV to a 2005 Jetta GLi. Thanks--Brian

#4 ·
98a4 said:
Just open the hood, DV install is like a 1 on a 10 scale of difficulty
Yeah, basically open hood, remove engine cover, identify old DV (looks like the forge 007 except smaller and black), take it out, put new DV where old one was.

remember to clean it and oil it occasionally.

#5 ·
redGLIseattle said:
look in the DIY sticky at the top of the MKIV forum. Then go down to the 1.8t section.
Thanks man. I dig that red too. After going to the sticky, now I'm confused about installing in reverse. Seemed like a good case to install it that way, but ............?

#6 ·
Find the stock one and install the new one EXACTLY the same way. there's 3 hoses connected to it. take them off the old one, remember where they went, and put them on the new one. End-o-story.

#7 ·
DV is on and kickin like chicken. Got the APR loaded chip last thursday, and the 3" full exhaust will be on by Friday. This is all happening so quick I love it! I hate when I pull in my driveway at night cuz I know I don't get to drive it until the morning.

#8 ·
MyGLi said:
DV is on and kickin like chicken. Got the APR loaded chip last thursday, and the 3" full exhaust will be on by Friday. This is all happening so quick I love it! I hate when I pull in my driveway at night cuz I know I don't get to drive it until the morning.
Yeah I know the feeling. I can't wait for my car to get out of the shop.

#9 ·
im always worried when my car is bein worked on.............its like its my kid and they are having an operation lol

but i have a great shop that lets me walk back into the shop bay and watch the work being done.

Revo next week fo me :twisted:

#10 ·
I'm always nervous when my car is being worked on that I'm giong to get the "this is going to be $500 more than we thought" call.

golfzex said:
im always worried when my car is bein worked on.............its like its my kid and they are having an operation lol

but i have a great shop that lets me walk back into the shop bay and watch the work being done.

Good call with Revo :D Not wasting any time, huh? Suspension next, it's way too soft for a "sports" car.

#11 ·
Straz85 said:
I'm always nervous when my car is being worked on that I'm giong to get the "this is going to be $500 more than we thought" call.

golfzex said:

Good call with Revo :D Not wasting any time, huh? Suspension next, it's way too soft for a "sports" car.

nope, wanna get stuff done before show season.

Revo next weekend, then TIP, Modshack 3+, 42dd DP, MIlltek CB...............

o and i want that little OSIR add on spoiler...............it has a great OEM clean euro look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.