'96-Golf-GL-2.0 - Request For Guidance & Suggestions
* 143,xxx miles
* Just purchased for our daughter and I'm concerned....
* Was running ok for the first couple of weeks.
* Started this morning (high 30's - very foggy - lots of moisture in the air.
* Ran for maybe 4 ~ 7 seconds...sputtered once...died
* For over $130, today, I've replaced:
* Spark Plugs
* Spark Plug Wires
* Distributor Cap
* Rotor under Distributor Cap
Double checked....triple checked....the firing order and the the placement of the plugs to the cap and engine. 1, 3, 4, 2 firing order with the # 1 at the top of the "diamond" then the # 3 to the right - the # 4 at the bottom of the diamond (home plate, so to speak) - the # 2 at the left closest to the engine - with the middle cable assembly going up to the starter coil. The molded in # 1 under the distributor cap is actually where the # 3 spot is on the top of the distributor cap.....make sense?
Still not cutting it.....she sure wants to crank and start.....so I'm convinced the battery is fine.
Just looking to you experts for knowledge, suggestions, thoughts, well wishes for a low bill when the mechanic comes back to me....etc.
Discouraged in Detroit!
Last edited by SleePac; 11-18-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Reason: Missing information in "Title" line