VW Forum banner

ABS & ASR Light Flashing?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  XxBORAxX 
#1 ·
Posted in the passat section but also cross-posting here. Not sure which is the right spot so feel free to delete either of them.

2000 Volkswagon Passat.

Kind of have to make a short story long on this one. My friends dad asked me to put brakes on his car, so i did.

I replaced;

- Rear Brake Pads (replaced with the high end advance auto ones)
- Rear Rotors
- Front Brake Pads (high end advance auto ones)
- Front Rotors.

I plugged in the front two brake pad sensors, and drove the car back to his house and all was fine. Brakes felt awesome. I never bled the brakes, i simply collapsed the caliper(s) and replaced the pads. Didn't open any of the lines.

I also didn't (shame on me, i know) open the hood and check the brake fluid level. I went to pop the hood and the plastic tab that you pull out to open the hood was broken and it was getting dark so i didn't try any further to open the hood.

He sent me a text yesterday saying that "The ABS & ASR lights are flashing on the VW and the brakes feel weird".

I asked him if the second he noticed the brakes were feeling weird if he also noticed the lights were on and he replied, "The light came on the day after you brought it back, but then they went Off. Just starting acting up yesterday".

I put the pads on about two weekends ago.

Weird coincidence, or do you think i should be looking into what i did?

I'm totally clueless so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.