VW Forum banner

Brandon's GLI Timeline/Picture Thread (vwGLI)

60K views 228 replies 17 participants last post by  Miller7204 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I figured I would make a picture dump to keep track of what I'm doing to my car. I have a 2004.5 Black Magic Pearl Jetta GLI 1.8T. I bought it bone stock with 80k on the clock. Now it has 109,000 miles. 6 Speed.

MOD LIST
Unitronics 1+
Koni Coilovers
AEM Dryflow Short Ram Intake
Splitter Valve
ECS Tuning Strut Bar
15mm spacers front
20mm spacers rear
Timing belt and waterpump done @90,000
Completely rebuilt K03s turbo @100,000
New South Performance off-center steering wheel Boost gauge

Before coils and spacers:

Upgraded to a MANN charcoal lined cabin filter because the old one was causing poor ventilation (clogged).

Went through the whole "murdered out" phase and got sick of it within one winter.

Staggered, Sommers, CT

My 1.8T and Millers old 2.0 (RIP) at Limerock Raceway

Made this which did not reflect my car at all at the time

Turbo went bad at 100K, bought a completely rebuilt replacement K03s from XSBOOST TURBOCHARGERS. Installation was a PITA.

Bought and installed these

Current:

FUTURE PLANS:
Maybe an FMIC, or some wheels with stretch! We'll see, as I currently have $0.00.

See less See more
#2 ·
First update, finally got my 42DraftDesigns 3in Turboback Exhaust with Double-wall 4in single tip.

Also, picked this truck up for a steal, runs great so far. Need it to get wood for our wood stove. Bigger tires and a small lift coming soon.

#6 ·
Thanks buddy!

Perfect height. Waiting on sound clip.
Yeah its as low as I can go. I still have enough function too. I might try out the polo bushings again but that will be it. But thanks! I cant wait to install it.

Thanks for the shoutout man haha. We'll have to get together sometime once the weather is better. You've gotta see the new 2.0 :K:
Definitely dude! Lookin forward to the 5 speed.

#13 ·
lol Ive had the roofrack. Its only for snowboards/skis, so i only run it in the winter. And all my wheels were dipped white, but i peeled it off the front a few months ago because it dried too porous and the brake dust wouldnt clean out. and i figured i might as well keep it on the back rcs because it will help protect them a bit from winter. Theyll all be going white come spring time.

#19 ·
The exhaust is in! It sounds so awesome. I will post sound clips tomorrow!

2 things, the exhaust doesnt come out as far as I would like, it is kind of sucked a little too far into the lip. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Also, I have the polyeurathane exhaust hanger, and it basically presses the exhaust against the rear lip. It gets hot and smells kinda bad, is it gunna burn the the lip/melt it?

#26 ·
Here is another of me driving. it was all recorded with a laptop so the sound isnt great but still not bad.
Windows up from 0:00-2:20
Windows down from 5:00-end
Favorite parts from 5:00-5:10 and best from 6:52-7:05, check that section out

#34 ·
So do you guys know of any way to get my exhaust tip to sit flush or slightly past the rear valence? You may be able to notice in this video that the exhaust is basically sucked under the rear valence. I want a little of the exhaust tip to stick out past the valence so it is visible from a profile view and from the top because now it looks like there is nothing coming from the exhaust cut out. Any way of doing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.