VW Forum banner

Golf central locking problem

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cozmic79 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my MK4 Golf central locking. It sometimes just locks at random regardles whether I'm in the car or not or whether the car is running or not. It appears to lock and unlock fine when tested a number of times. Its sounds strange and has me baffled. Short of having a ghost in my car any help as to what I can check to trouble shoot.

cheers,
Paul

#2 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul H:
I have a problem with my MK4 Golf central locking. It sometimes just locks at random regardles whether I'm in the car or not or whether the car is running or not. It appears to lock and unlock fine when tested a number of times. Its sounds strange and has me baffled. Short of having a ghost in my car any help as to what I can check to trouble shoot.

cheers,
Paul
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know if you unlock the car in the keyless way and then don't open any doors it will automatically lock again after a certain amount of time. I guess this is so if you accidently unlocked it while walking away from the car.

#6 ·
so it doesnt matter if you are in the car or not? will it randomly lock when you are out of the car, and didnt lock any of the doors, with all the doors shut? if so, thats strange. I know when I hit 15mph, all (2 since I only have 2) of my doors lock automatically. its a safety feature. but if thats not the case...then I know vws are known for bad electrical systems. could be something with your wiring?

#7 ·
It might be a faulty Central Locking/Comfort-Convienence module. I have seen them go bad before...they do some wierd shit. Its relatively easy to change as well, if you know how to take the knee bar trim off under the steering wheel. If you can, scan Adress Word 35 or 46 with a VAG-COM and see if any codes are present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.