VW Forum banner

help, bent valves?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Loquat15 
#1 ·
i have a 2001 1.8t jetta, i was driving when the 2 cylinder started misfiring i checked ignition coils spark plugs and were fine i kept driving it and two days later the 3,4 cylinder went out. i recently changed the water pump and timing belt and did not change tensioner (stupid). so i guess it jumped timing. i did a compression test and #1-90psi#2-30psi#3-25psi#40psi. i was told possibily bent valves or timing may need reset any sugg? anyone have a motor for sale or a rebuilt head?

#2 ·
I have had a tough time locating used engines/heads for the 1.8T as well. I have the factory remanufactured cylinder head in stock for the AWW engine. List price is $2255.69 I can sell for $1860.95 plus shipping. There is an $800.00 refundable core deposit as well. If you have the AWD engine, I can ship the head within a couple of days. List price is $2105.38, my price would be $1736.94 plus shipping with the same $800.00 core deposit. Let me know if I can help.

- Craig
vwdiscountparts.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.