VW Forum banner

Help me Customize!

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  TTTurbo1.8T 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Jetta and I'd like to do some work on it to add performance. Thing is, I know nothing and I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction. I 've seen tons of air intakes, exhausts, chips, and I have no idea what is good and what would be worth it to do to my car. I mean, it's not a GTI, nor a turbo jetta, just a regular ol' 2005 Jetta 2.0L 115 hp... but I'd still like to make it run a little nicer and faster. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jmt261

#2 ·
You can find everything you need at MJM Autohaus

Upgrades I recommend for ~1000 that should get you maybe an extra 20-25 hp

2.25-2.5" catback exhaust
GIAC chip (found at GIAC - Automotive Performance Software Tuning)
Cold air intake

You can also do for more money

Header upgrades (techtonicstuning.com)
Cam upgrade (techtonicstuning.com)

But that requires more work and labor

I also closed your other thread as this one is in the right spot and the other is a duplicate.

#3 ·
Any type of cold air intake in particular you can recommend? That's probably the first thing I'll do... along with that software.. is it a simple chip? and as far as exhausts, will that catback exhaust change the sound of the car? and if yes, how so?

Thank you for your input, I'm new at this as you can see...

Jmt

#4 ·
I had some good luck with the autotech CAI, good breathing, just gotta remember to clean the filter regularly and not to over oil it when you do clean it otherwise it will result in MAF sensor failure.

As for the exhaust? VW PERFORMANCE AFTERMARKET PARTS-Autotech Sport Tuning actually has sound clips of their exhausts on all the cars they make them for, including the 2.0.

I have a friend with the 2.0 and an autotech CAI and I'm very impressed with the sound and he has a lot more top end power compared to stock. From a 40 pull he can stay within 3-4 cars of my 1.8T usually at least until we get around 100ish then i really pull ahead.

#7 ·
I have this particular intake for my 1.8T and it works beautifully. I love it and for the price it's like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

Cleaning depends on where you live. An oil based air filter will require cleaning much more often than say a cotton gauze like the neuspeed filter. If you live on a dirt road you'll be cleaning it alot, probably about 2-3 times a year. A standard filter I'd clean at least once a year though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.