VW Forum banner

how to change mirrors?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dubwink 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm going to change my standard mirrors to M3 style mirrors and I need some advice.
How to remove those old mirrors, do I need to remove the whole door panel or what to do?
I don't have installation instructions and I didn't find any web page about this subject so maybe someone could help me.

#2 ·
You do have to remove the door panel. There shoulb be 3 or 4 t-20 torx screws you have to remove from the bottom of the door. You also have to remove the inside handle you use to close the door. Then use a panel popper to remove the door panel. There is a plug for the mirrors on the upper right hand corner of the door you have to unplug. Then you should be able to unscrew the mirrors. Be careful unplugging all the wire connectors on your door panel there are quite a few. Hope this can help.

#4 ·
from what i remember, there is a little cover on the handle. pop that off then there will be screws underneath of it. take the screws off and there ya go. i could be wrong though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.