VW Forum banner

I need help with my 1.8t 5speed tiptronic

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1.8turbooo 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a few questions. First I want to know how to diagnose this problem im having. I have a 2003 1.8t with a 5speed tiptronic trans. The engine seems to have this hissing noise. and when I sit at idle after the car warms up after ive put the pedal close to the floor, i start to feel the car shake. It does not shake while driving. but when i go down in rpm's it starts misfiring, i then put it in neutral to save the car and my nerves. ive hooked it up to a computer and it says i have misfires in cylinders 1 3 and 4. should i take it to a dealer and have them look at it or does anyone have a clue with what might be going on.

Second i want to put a few mods onto this car to lets say " kill the dignity" of my buddy with a 2009 mugen civic. He's got an intake, chip and a turbo-back exhaust on it. Any idea's?

Im willing to put some cash down.

And lastly does anyone know what the horsepower rating is on the 5speed tiptronic trans. I really dont want to replace that because i love not having to use a clutch as a young driver.

Im new to this forum by the way. So THANK YOU for having me! and If you help thank you even more

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you changed the spark plugs and coil packs? If not (as I assume) change the spark plugs (using NGKs ONLY!) and the coil packs can be replaced for free @ the dealership as they are under recall. This should solve that problem and will cost you under 10 bucks. :K: :K: As far as moding it, personally I would'nt put money into an automatic (other than suspension and wheels). But if you really want to, then chip, intake, exhaust and a dv. Those mods will open up alot of power that you did'nt know existed.

#3 ·
I did change the sparkplugs. I have not replaced the coil packs as i have never heard of this recall so thank you.

Is it possible to put a front mount intercooler on the A/trans or is that a waste of time. i do want to put a ko4 apr turbo stage 3 on it. i was going to chip it soon enough at waterfest they have good deals so i will wait till then.

What intake exhaust and dv do you recommend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.