VW Forum banner

New vr6 on vwforum

43K views 99 replies 14 participants last post by  groundupjetta 
#1 ·
It has been awhile since the last time I posted. I think the last time was when I finished the 2.0 with the forged rods. After that I blew a couple of head gaskets and kind of lost interest on the car, I parked it last december with the HG blown for the second time and decided to give it(us) a break.

So out of nowhere came this jetta vr6 with 130k miles black on black leather and literally fell on my lap, I couldnt say no... after a an hour driving it I was sold :K:

It does have your flaws but I am not looking for anything perfect either, all I need is a beastly daily drive.

After bringing the vr6 home I immediately started to take the 2.0 apart, piping, intercooler, cylinder head and turbo as well as the exhaust, since was all open I went ahead and pulled my rods and pistons out as well

Here is the vr6

IMG_20130121_165813 by yo mama, on Flickr

Its missing the front lip and the front bumper was painted black but the color doesnt match so I will try to repaint it whenever I can

IMG_20130121_165833 by yo mama, on Flickr

IMG_20130121_165851 by yo mama, on Flickr

IMG_20130121_165900 by yo mama, on Flickr

IMG_20130121_165914 by yo mama, on Flickr

Scuff on the corner of rear bumper and a little on the fender, I want to get it fixed on the same time when I paint the front bumper

IMG_20130121_165933 by yo mama, on Flickr

IMG_20130121_165948 by yo mama, on Flickr

AND of course it couldnt be missing... the cel

IMG_20130121_170021 by yo mama, on Flickr

And the blue one quietly watching whats going on

IMG_20130121_170225 by yo mama, on Flickr

Let me know what you think :K:

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha I know man, I was really lucky with this car

Right now I am still deciding if I should sell the 2.0 with the suspension so I can get a little more money for it or swap it over to the vr6. The turbo will come soon, I am already itching to start ordering parts but as a schooled vw owner I will take care of the maintenance first before going there

#8 ·
Might have to check the front spring rate on the suspension though. Vr6's are heavy.
Thats what I was thinking, it would work but would definitely put more stress on the parts than they were designed for

And the 2.0 has 170k miles and the stock suspension was really soft/clunky so I might let it go with the fk coilovers. I actually feel good to pass someone a nice car with newer supension as well as the other upgrades on the lower suspension, motor mounts and brakes. Everything else will be stock with a completely stock engine bay and hopefully no CEL when I sell it lol

#14 ·
Thanks man :K:

Soon I will start a build thread for it so I can keep track of the stuff that it needs. Motor mounts are completely busted, the suspension appear to be stock (and busted), need brakes on all 4 corners, all the bolts under the car look like they have never been touched or replaced, so I got a lot of work ahead of me to get this car in top condition but I'm sure it will be fun

#17 ·
So I had this brilliant idea of asking my little girl to rev the vr6 while I try to catch a video, its the first time she ever revs a a car and she sounds like she was having fun with it. The very first time she tried revving I couldn't catch on the video but she redlined it pretty hard, I thought the motor was going to jump out of the engine bay LOL

So we made this video first starting on the engine bay, it was too dark for my cell phone camera to see but you can still hear it and then I walked on the back of the car while she revved :K:

#26 · (Edited)
So I decided to just update this thread instead of making a new one

Here is a list of thing that needs to be done right now on the car

Adjust shifter cable - car wont shift in 5th :rolleyes:

Oil change

Fix a very small and random coolant leak near the lower hose going to radiator, got check

Brake on all 4 corners - ordered today

Motor mounts - car pushes to the left when hard on the gas

Lower valance - got a stock replacement

2002 clear fender markers - I have them just need to install

#28 ·
Theres other little things that needs attention, this is just the first round ;)

So today I got a stock valance in pretty good shape, all it needs is cleaning and sanding and it will be ready for painting. I'm going to wait for a warmer day to do that so I can paint the front bumper, rear valance and cover a few scrapes at the same time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.