VW Forum banner

No Heat

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Pssst...passed you 
#1 ·
was wondering if someone could post a pic of the heater core lines for me. i have no heat and am trying to check if both lines get hot. the problem is im not sure where the lines are. Its a 2000 GTI GLX VR6

#2 ·
ok so here is a more detailed update, AC works perfect, blower motor works, heater or high tept selection blows air but its not hot. both inlet and outlet hoses to the heater core do get hot. i have the climatronic system..im not sure the corect name buy i believe there is a valve in the dash somewhere that might be broken or the entire climatronic system doesnt work with heat. now im trying to lemit it to how friequently these things go out on people. has anyone ever heard of the climatronic system needing to be replaced for a problem similar or is the valve theory more plausible? thanks for helping me out. god i hope its not the climatronic....:chainsaw:

#3 ·
sounds like a door under the dash is not opening, maybe that a hook or bar came loose, maybe the logicon (not sure if that is what they call them in VWs "climate control panel" is what i was refering to.) it may be that the plastic latch broke under the dash too. look under the dash in the center console area dn see if you have a coat hanger looking pole not hooked to anything. if not have a friend change form cold to hot air and see if doors are opening and closing under the dash.

#6 ·
ok i popped off the little piece of trim and there was two windows to look through. there is a green lever that moves right to left i think to controll wich vents are opened and when. further back there is another lever , its red, it also moves right to left but only when i move the heat from low to hi, i think thats the one i was worried about. and it does move, i can see the door that moves with it too.. now, maby move on to a blower motor? isnt a blower motor used when i use the ac too? the thing that blows the air or is it diffrent for ac and heat? like two blower motors or something. i hope you understand what im trying to say..

#7 ·
wow, i am stumped at this point. If the core was bad you should be leaking(it is basically just a small radiator, if it wasn't leaking it really can't "break"), the fact that both the inlet and outlet hoses are equally hot and you are not leaking makes me think that it is to do with the vent doors or a stuck valve. The core sounds ok, the blower is obviously working since you have ac and room temp air comming out of the vents. I do not think this year uses a heater control valve persay but a related valve might be at fault. i would think that the outlet pipe should not be hot if it was there and malfunctioning but who knows... you got me on this one, sorry. good luck and please post up the solution when you find out. It may drive me nuts until then.

#13 ·
Ok. The vag test showed a error regarding v71 air flow flap motor. I removed the glove box and I've watched the bloody motors running. The problem is at v68 - temperature regulator flap motor which is half stuck. Probably this doesn't let the hot air from heater core get in.
I will make some pictures after I get the new motor.
Hope this will help others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.