VW Forum banner

parking brake light?blinking

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Handeye 
#1 ·
ok so i have a 2002 Jetta 1.8t with only 51xxx miles on it, it's got new brakes as of 1k ago and sometimes when i get on the gas hard the parking brake light will blink and beep. The brake isnt on...

any oppinions?!

Thanks!
tim

#3 ·
thanks... i just had the brakes replaced at the local firestone... ill take it in and have them look at it since they seem to be noisy and brand new!

but!! i have to wait to figure why my car all of a sudden started smoking out of the hood last night... i was pulling in the driveway and smoke started pouring out of the hood! smell was pretty bad ... like the clutch but i just had it replaced at 39k miles and it's only got 51 on it!

#4 ·
timweb said:
thanks... i just had the brakes replaced at the local firestone... ill take it in and have them look at it since they seem to be noisy and brand new!

but!! i have to wait to figure why my car all of a sudden started smoking out of the hood last night... i was pulling in the driveway and smoke started pouring out of the hood! smell was pretty bad ... like the clutch but i just had it replaced at 39k miles and it's only got 51 on it!
You just answered your own question I think. If your brake fluid was topped off before the brake job, they probably spilled alot out of the overflow when they compressed the pistons on your calipers.

I'd take it back to Firestone and have them clean it all up. Make sure they steam clean it instead of using a power washer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.