VW Forum banner

Progress = Time + Money (Pssst...passed you's Timeline Thread)

135K views 906 replies 38 participants last post by  Miller7204 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I would put together a quick Timeline of my vehicle as many of you know, it is a constant work in progress.

How I received it in October of 07, one blue headlamp, one clear. I debadged the advertising stickers and dealer plates as soon as I was home that day. I replaced the headlights with a set of Sylvania Silverstars right away as well. Those burned out in a year so I went with a euroswitch, disabled DRLs, and bought a set or silverstar ultra IIs.

added tint 50% to all four sides and 35% to the back window before it was legal to tint windows in IL, now i could have gone 35% all around...DOH!

What joy I had for ~33 days until the throw out bearing exploded and detonated the entire Clutch assembly....

In went a VR6 Clutch/G60 Flywheel setup to offset impending bolt on mods, and to make up for the lackluster OEM setup that fails at 57,000 miles. Then got some JOM coilovers.

Installed a Turbo timer and turbotimer companion LITE:

Picked up a boost gauge and A-pillar pod:

Then I bought some wheels and spacers:

Bought rep side skirts and sold them before I installed them:

Got hit for the first time:

See less See more
#2 ·
While in for paint and repairs, I stripped the clear coat and polished the Fat Fives.

Installing my new Koni Coilovers:

I then spent some time to laugh at GIL:

Swapped out my Koni Springs on the coilovers for H&R Ultralows up front and Bilsteens out back for a more stiff ride and handling for autocross:

Went to Wintermode and went snowboarding:

Broke some interior parts and replaced them and installed a K&N drop in filter:

Snow melted and so I went outcrossing some more:

Traded parts like my interior coin tray for an armrest:

Bought and Sold a H&R FSB before I even installed it...not sure why:

Got my first set of Half caps and learned the hard way that you MUST use the rubber outer grommets...there went $40.

got some new brake pads:

Picked up a H&R 28mm RSB:

moved my gauge:

Made some Shirts for the forum:

Took the family on Vacation:

Lowered it more:

A couple more races:

Traded for a different trunk:

Told my kids how much time and money I have spent on this thing so I can’t send them to college:

#3 · (Edited)
Wintermode and Hauled Trees:

Did more work:

Polished Intake Manifold and valave cover:

New TIP and TB hose and other ancillary hoses

back to wintermode:

Replaced Wheel bearings, abs sensors, and brakes.

Full steering rack swap due to failed inner seals in rack:
Included in this was the two weeks I was dumping ton of this on the ground:

Swapped in these:

Took it to shows and tried to slang some parts:

Saw some good scenery:

Finally got tired of my stubby antenna’s reception and went to a S2000 antenna:

Installed partially V-banded 42 DD 3" TBE and ECS drop plates to stop it from Vibrating against my rear beam.

Installed a new front OEM GLI lip, GLI rep side skirts, Euro Rubstrip, and AEM CAI:

About how it sits today:

Edit: 4bar FPR, APR Stage II tune, and TT pedals, JL Audio 10w3 and 500.1 in there too
I am sure I missed a bunch of parts and labor done to the thing including a ton of maintenance, but it must not be important then… :p

#4 · (Edited)
Items sitting waiting for install at my house:

Poly Control arm bushings and gloss black Powder coated CAs
42DD Stealth Catch Can and hoses
034 motorsports SAI delete plate, PostReleased Resistors, and hoses
Euro taillights
Lower tie bar (Powder coated gloss black coming soon)
Audi TT shift lever –Powder coated gloss black

Future plans:
Picking up a new trunk this weekend at MWVF to have filled/shaved and painted for spring.
figure out headlight plans
Pick up another dual outlet rear valance, sand down and paintmatch it as i refuse to pay for a GLI one and hack it up to fit my dual tip exhaust and i am yet to find another that i like more.
Install everything above

My inspiration:

Someday

#7 ·
:K: Nice work man.

#14 ·
you can hire me..

if you figure out the money issue.. and then she wont hound you and you can relax :)

and i get more money to finish.. uhrm.. ish.. on my car..

and i love how you nonchalantly through gil in there.

we have the same inspiration man.. brandon nero's gli..
:K:

i will.. compete next to him.. and be able to hold my own.. or surpass it. it.. is.. a.. damn..MUST

#18 ·
I don't like shaved trunks, most people have no front logo then they shave the trunk and make it with no logo. I atleast like a back logo on the car, if not a front one :p

#23 ·
:O I forgot you have a front logo. Sorry lol. I'm just use to everyone not having the front logo :$

My mistake :p

>.> Now to move on to Fukins thread to troll him cause I know he def. don't have a front logo and he's getting a badgeless trunk! lmao

#26 ·

lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.