VW Forum banner

radios out

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  vwgti2002T 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Jetta VR6 5 sp and last week I was driving along and the radio went out! I tried checking the fuses by the steering wheel and they seem ok. I even tried swapping the radio fuses with others to no avail. Before I bother buying the radio tool and taking out the radio, is there a fuse on there that may have gone out, or is there something else that I can check?

thx

#2 ·
the same thing happened to my radio but i went to the dealer and they just pulled the fuse and replaced it. then they gave me a new radio b/c mine had a glitch in it and if you take the power away and then attach it back it might go on.

- just my story

#3 ·
I have a 02 GTI and not 2 months after i had the car my radio went and i took it to the dealer and he said that they were having a problem with vw radios. They replaced mine for free but i am not sure if it just the newer models they are doing it with but it can't hurt to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.