VW Forum banner

T Reg VW Polo Oil and battery warning light

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  05GTI1.8T 
#1 ·
I recently did an oil, filter and belt change on my T Reg Diesel Polo @ 75,400 miles
200 miles later, the 'service inspection' warning came on in the mileage trip display. 50 miles after that, the battery warning light stayed on after starting and 10 seconds later the oil pressure light started flashing and a beeper sounds. The rev counter has also stopped working.
Oil is at the correct level and the battery is charging.
Anyone got any ideas what could be up?
Am I best just taking it to a garage to do a diagnostic test on it?
Another issue has been that, around 20,000rpm the engine was misfiring. On closer inspection, the air in-let hose at the filter end had cracked and come dislodged. I changed the air filter and fixed the hose. This seemed to help the problem but it is still happening although at a lesser extent.
Could this be a compression problem that is all linked?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section..... First timer you see!!

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
it?
Another issue has been that, around 20,000rpm the engine was misfiring.
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section..... First timer you see!!

Thanks in advance!

1st idk bout u but no engine i know of that runs on gasoline or diesel can rev up to 20000 rpm

the only one i know is a nitromethane rc car motor which mine revs to 32000 at 2.2hp

2nd wayyyy off on the section this is for mk4 jetta golf and cabrio

as far as ur problems i hav no idea on polos i hav yet to see one here in the us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.