Join Date: Apr 2011
|New Beetle VW New Beetle - This is the discussion forum for the VW New Beetle (VW New Beetle Forum, Volkswagen New Beetle Forum, Volkswagen New Beetle)|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Uh oh, it sounds like your radio thinks there's been an attempt to enter the wrong radio code into the radio; the next attempt to enter an incorrect radio code will result in a display of "code 2", indicating a second failed attempt.
You must have the security anti-theft code for your Volkswagen radio from the car manufacturer, or from a Volkswagen dealer!
The sequence of programming for a VW New Beetle radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be set.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be set.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be set.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be set.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys to confirm this safe code entry.
On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For a few seconds a radio frequency will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Wow! Could this procedure be any more obtuse!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Removing radio cassette from beetle||byttcool||General Volkswagen Discussion||3||02-25-2011 07:13 AM|
|74 super beetle radio problem||mecamoca||Air-cooled||1||02-15-2010 04:59 PM|
|are there issues with replacing a new beetle radio?||motero99||New Beetle||0||03-11-2009 06:37 PM|
|radio fuse troubles||littleredgti||MK3||0||01-23-2007 01:46 PM|