VW Forum banner

Never anything in SC?

8K views 50 replies 6 participants last post by  Ryhan1.8Twolfy 
#1 ·

Are there never any meets, shows, or cruises in sc? Around the boardwalks on the coast would be fun when it gets a little warmer.

#2 ·
I know my friend in Spartenburg cruises with a club there that is mostly euro, but its not vw specific. He rocks an old e30. I dont know of any cruises on the coast although there might be. Im just lookin forward to SoWo in GA. Not that far of a drive for a show that good.

#4 ·
SoWo? Honestly never heard of it. I'm from NY where the closest good car show is Carlisle. I might just try and pull something together as I drive around and meet people.

#5 ·
I just checked the website and saw that unitronic is a sponsor. Wonder if I could get my stage 2 tune done there. They do that kind of stuff at Carlisle. You can usually get stuff pretty cheap there.

#6 ·
Yea i think SoWo is the biggest thing here in the south east. I havent been so i dont know if they can tune you there or not but im planning on going this year. But from videos ive watched online i think they have some pretty good promotions going on there.

#9 ·
if she loves you she will go there for your honeymoon. and congrats! The town does look sick though! up in the mountains too...im lookin forward to the drive there.

#10 ·
Well I'm definitely going now. Hopefully I can get the gti fixed by then. It's got curb rash on 2 rims and a baseball Sized spot on the hatch where the clear coat is starting to peel. I don't really want to try showing it off with those flaws. It's really nothing special.

#12 ·
never been to nopi but ive heard its pretty sick. i dont have anything to show off at sowo but im still goin just for fun and to see everyone elses. i just got my vw over the summer and im on a college budget

#17 ·
we should get some sort of lowcountry/coastal SC group going. I know there is a charleston vw club but its mostly air-cooled guys i think. Itd be cool to get a watercooled thing going.

#18 ·
Eurokrisis is up here. I've heard they've got some nice VWs. I think they're on Facebook. I ran into one of them at the DMV and he told me to stop by. Just want to clean up my Jetta first.

#23 ·
I was thinking the same thing, but I would start something ourselves if we coils get a decent amount of people.

is there anything going on in NC? or SC over the summer
We're trying to put together a charleston meet but we need more cars.

#26 ·
i def want in too. im not on facebook anymore though. i also found a charleston, sc thread on vortex but i dont know anyone on there. they said that there isnt much going on though other than the air cooled stuff

#27 ·
Hey Matt, how about block letters? What do you think for placement? I was thinking vertical up one of the sides of the rear window. My uncle does the vinyl so I'm going to give him an idea and have him put the pics on my FB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.