2006 Jetta 2.5, check engine light, no symptoms - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
VW Forum VW Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK5

MK5 Discussion area for the fifth generation Golf, GTI, R32, New Rabbit and Jetta from 2004.5 to 2008.10

VwForum.com is the premier Volkswagen Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation 2006 Jetta 2.5, check engine light, no symptoms

Hey guys,

New VW owner, (only about 1.5 years) and yesterday my check engine light popped on while waiting at a light. Obvious concern from my end about this, however, there is absolutely no symptoms. Car is running fine, did the check w the gas cap (opening, then reclosing in case that was the cause), no change. it's def not using up more fuel than usual, so i suspect the O2 is fine as well.

I've had, and read about, problems w this model and the warning lights coming on for no reason before (to date the airbag light is STILL on) and i've been warned about burned out headlights when there weren't any.

As well, I will be getting the car in next week to the dealership to doublecheck, but in your guys experience, thoughts on the engine light?

Should i cease driving it altogether until i can get it in? (I'm doing my best to not take it unless necessary, but come next week, i'm back to work and have no other means to get there)

anyways, any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Points: 110, Level: 2 Points: 110, Level: 2 Points: 110, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Get the code read to see what it is. If its still running fine i wouldnt worry about driving it. Mine threw a code the other day for # 1 cylinder missfire. I reset it and have not had a problem since. I would reset it at least once to see if it comes back before i worry about it.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
MK4 & MK5 Owner
Lifetime Supporting Member
Points: 36,795, Level: 100 Points: 36,795, Level: 100 Points: 36,795, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Buy a cheap code reader. They are life savers. Probably something emissions related. As for the burnt headlight thing. Check your inner tail light bulbs. That light will go on for any of the outside lights.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Points: 1,480, Level: 21 Points: 1,480, Level: 21 Points: 1,480, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via AIM to sjkmiec3 Send a message via Yahoo to sjkmiec3

def get it to the dealer if you still got warranty. there were some recalls on some of the stuff on here. i worked on a couple where it had the same issue where it was driving fine but the ckel came on. had idle air temp codes and something about a pressure sensor. i replaced both and the issue went away. there was also a couple of cases with the chain guides wearing prematurely on these. seen quite a few of them replaced. and for the airbag light, its prolly the connector under the seat or the passenger seat pressure sensor. had issues with that as well. it has sensors in the seat to tell if there's a child or a adult in the seat so it can deploy either the one airbag or both. also had seatbelt issues and front crash sensors. the dealership would know right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.