2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen warning light - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
VW Forum VW Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK5

MK5 Discussion area for the fifth generation Golf, GTI, R32, New Rabbit and Jetta from 2004.5 to 2008.10

VwForum.com is the premier Volkswagen Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen warning light

We've just bought a 2010 Jetta 2010 sportwagen (on Sunday, in fact), and on Monday the 'Malfunction Indicator Lamp' was illuminated on the dashboard.

We've taken it back to the dealer, and he reset the panel, but now it's just come on again (this is Thursday). We're going to have to take it back again, and were wondering if anyone else is seeing this, whether it's a common occurrence, or ought we be concerned ?

The service rep told us he's only ever seen the light happen twice in a year, and since we've now seen it twice in a few days, we're hoping we haven't bought a lemon.

Anyone got one of these cars, and can soothe our troubled brow ? Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

Also, since the dealer we bought it from doesn't have a service dept. open on Saturday, it's ok to take the car to one (closer ) that does, right ? Just checking

S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Points: 2,304, Level: 29 Points: 2,304, Level: 29 Points: 2,304, Level: 29

Hello,

Congratulations on your new Sportwagen. I wouldn't be too worried. Something obviously caused the MIL the first time. The dealer will usually reset it the first time because it may be an anomoly and not an issue. Especially with a brand new car. As it did come back, it will need to be diagnosed. It could be as simple as a bad fuel cap. Take it to any dealer that is convenient to you (it soesn't have to be the selling dealer). I would bet that it is a minor issue that can be easily resolved. The TDI cars have been extremely reliable.

If you are contemplating any accessories for your Sportwagen, take a look at our accessories catalog. We carry all of the popular Genuine Volkswagen accessories at 20-30% below the dealer's price.

Good luck,

- Craig
Discount Volkswagen Parts
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1

We picked up our 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen about a month ago. Wife loves it! No indicator lamp issues but our sunroof shade trips the "pinch protection" when closing and we have to hold the switch in to get it to close all the way. Dealer offered to get it fixed under warrenty but that would involve tearing out the entire headliner. We'll live with it.

Yes any VW dealership should be able to work on it.

Jim
Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

We bought a new 2010 Sportwagen TDi and after 200 miles the (MIL) Malfunction Indicator Light went on. We took it to our original dealer that we purchase it from and check it but only came up with the diagnostic "air bubble" in the fuel line so we picked it up but by the end of the day the light was back on. We called again but this time we sent our car to the closest dealer and they found out that it was a faulty injector and it would take 3 days to replace since the part has to be shipped from Wisconsin (Can't believe they couldn't find on west of the Mississippi). Needless to say they fixed one day early and after 2 days the light has not come on. The odometer states 466 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
We've just bought a 2010 Jetta 2010 sportwagen (on Sunday, in fact), and on Monday the 'Malfunction Indicator Lamp' was illuminated on the dashboard.

We've taken it back to the dealer, and he reset the panel, but now it's just come on again (this is Thursday). We're going to have to take it back again, and were wondering if anyone else is seeing this, whether it's a common occurrence, or ought we be concerned ?

The service rep told us he's only ever seen the light happen twice in a year, and since we've now seen it twice in a few days, we're hoping we haven't bought a lemon.

Anyone got one of these cars, and can soothe our troubled brow ? Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

Also, since the dealer we bought it from doesn't have a service dept. open on Saturday, it's ok to take the car to one (closer ) that does, right ? Just checking

S.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Default indicator light

I got the same indicator light on after my 10K check; will take it in to the dealer this week but it's running fine; gas cap seems to be on tight and no issues at all with my car; just love it.
spaced cowboy; since this seems an unusual occurence let me know what the problem was with yours if you are still reading the boards; it might help me when I bring mine in
My dealer is so nice I don't really mind bringing it it but I don't relish the idea of recurrent trips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.