VW Forum banner

Wet floor, drivers side, front and back

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BPYguy 
#1 · (Edited)
The mechanic claimed to blow out the sunroof drain holes to stop my floors from FLOODING when it rains However, they sill get wet. I also cleaned out the drain under the battery. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
what year passat?

B6 had major leak issues. go cut the nipples off the sunroof drains under the front cowl and in the rear fender wells. They might be stuck together.

Blowing out the drains can actually cause the connectors in the roof to get worse.

There's also a plenum and some place on the passenger side that can let water in.

the window regulators in the doors have seals that can become bad and let water in through there.

#4 ·
check to make sure the drain holes at the bottom of the doors aren't clogged and that water runs out properly.

Also check the weather stripping around the doors.

To really find where the water is coming in from, you'll have to remove the seats and pull back the carpet. dry it all out. then run water over the car for an hour or so and go back in and check to see where it's coming in at.

#5 ·
2007 VW Passat 2.0T B6 I4 BPY. Thanks; so that's what the plenum chamber drain nipples do. I used a gear puller to remove the wiper arms to open the plenum cover. When I saw the damp spots on the firewall under the drain nipples, I squeezed them, and the clog opened, which drained a quart of water from each side. I then cut the tips off. Fortunately, my battery was removed during the dash/floor flooding, because of engine problems. Search for 2007 BPYguy on YouTube for many other details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.