VW Forum banner

Hi, I just bought a 2010 Jetta, with i5

796 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  object63 
#1 ·
My first VW was kind of a disaster - the Vanagon, bought in 1985, and lasted about 2 years before numerous repairs to the heater, and then it caught fire, and that was that.
So lately I've been trying out different cars, including Lexus, etc, and I was surprised at how nice/quiet the Jetta was. I was trying out a 2007, but it had rust spots on it, so I passed. I searched the classifieds, and found a well priced Jetta with 6 speed automatic and 2.5 i5. I like the i5 because it has power and smoothness, without resorting to a turbo, it has a timing chain, and my wife prefers the automatic, so that is the reason for that. An i5 is smoother than an i4, and that is quite true with the Jetta that I bought - my wife drove it home 450 miles, and it was great.
So I am going to post some questions about choice of wheel size: my Jetta comes with 16" wheels, but I wonder if I can retrofit 14" wheels, my reason is the 16" wheel uses 55 series tires, but I'd like to go with 70 series tires, to improve the performance over pot holes and the bad kind of roads we get where I live. - paul m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.