Hi VW Lovers! Nice to meet you! - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
New Member Introductions New to the site? Tell us about yourself and your car. Break the ice in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Hi VW Lovers! Nice to meet you!

my name is Traci and I have been a VW fan for decades
I bought my first VW in 1993-which was a 1971 Transporter Type 2 Camper Bus. It has many happy memories associated with it.
VW's are like no other cars out there-they are a lifestyle and culture and their owners are the best!
xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

My 1971 Bus needs a new, loving, adventurous owner!

Thanks agin for welcoming me to the forum. I am looking for a new home for my VW Bus, and I hope to find the perfect match here.
Here's some information about her:

Vintage, collectible Volkswagon Camper Bus/Transporter Type 2.
This is a 1971 unique beauty. Any VW enthusiast will appreciate this vehicle.
I am the second owner only, and have had the bus since 1993. It has been on many travels and has been loved and cared for through the years.
The engine was completely rebuilt in 1999. It's super clean. The model of this particular van is unique in that it is a full pop-up camper- it's not like the westfalia style that became popular after 1972- it pops up completely (not on a slant), so that it fully sleeps 2 people on the top bed with plenty of room.
The lower interior consists of a full bench seat that folds down into a bed, a table, 1-2 person 'loveseat' and a sink/cooler with pump. However, the table has been removed with the intention of upgrading it. The cooler/fridge compartment has been rebuilt (wood). The floor is 'rhino-lined' for easy cleaning.
The two front seats and back benches, etc are all original and un-tampered with-expect to place protective covers on them. All the accessories inside and out are original-including the 'tent' material for the pop up camper- which is in decent condition.
This is an 11-window Type 2 bus, with all the original glass, minus the windshield, which broke when we were removing it to install a new one due to cracking. The windshield has never been replaced.
The engine is very clean. However, we started having issues with the idle a few years back, and just haven't had the time to work through it. The bus will start, but won't hold an idle. I'm sure it's an easy carburetor fix- but like I said, the time has been a factor.
I had a lot of hopes and dreams for this bus. I really would have liked to have more time and money to fully restore it and paint it and love it forever. At this point though, it's just been sitting, unused for the past few years, and it makes me sad. It's an amazing vehicle with a great history. I'm sure if it could talk it would have stories for a lifetime! Lots of them we have contributed to from travels all over the west coast and beyond.
I know it's goofy, but I'd like to find someone who can make her free again. She needs to be out on the road and in the mountains making someone happy!
She has a ton of potential and is a great find for the right collector.
If you're looking for a real gem in the VW world and have some time to put into it, this bus will bring you a ton of joy for years to come!

I've done a lot of market value research and considered what needs to be done, and I think the price is fair. I'm happy to answer any questions and have you come take a look! I'm asking $6500. I live in Sandy, UT.
Sweetdealssandy@gmail.com
801-300-8969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > VW Forum News & VW News > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.