VW Forum banner

Need help 03 wolfsburg

870 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Xttarpt 
#1 ·
I have an 03 Jetta Wolfsburg edition I love the car to death but it's been problem after problem the transmission died at 156k miles I had it replaced with a used transmission it seemed to shift great for a week then it shifted hard I brought it back they put Lucas transmission in it shifted great again for a week and the abs control module was dead so I changed that out thinking maybe that was causing the problems combined with a speed sensor fixed the speed sensor and the abs control module still shifted weird periodically and randomly seem to lose my power I did research thought it was a mass air flow sensor so I cleaned it out noticed it appeared to need to be changed so I changed it the other day I will randomly still lose power and randomly have hard shifts I am completely lost it seems to drive great then drive like wat seems to be limp mode any help would be appreciated it almost seems like the faster u accelerate the better it shifts any help would be greatly appreciated thank u in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Today it seemed to be shifting so much better but the higher gears were shifting at around 3200-3500 rpms that is way more then it has ever shifted at is that a normal rpm for shifting with 1.8t or should I bring it back to where they replaced the transmission I apologize I tried to post in mk4 but wouldn't let me thank you again if there's anything I need to clarify I can it used to shift right before or right after 3000rpms 3-4 and 4-5 today it shifted better but the rpms were so much higher I kept expecting it to shift and I just watched the rpms climb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.