VW Forum banner

VW Racer from Kosovo

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Gjika 
#1 ·
Hi to all VW fans

My name is Visar, I am a racing driver from Kosovo, I drive in Hillclimb discipline and circuit race. Actively I've been involved in this sport since 2000 (2002 in Hill Climb). Since that time I have driven, in few categories and different cars (VW Jetta 2000, Honda CRX 2002, Opel Astra Gr.N 2000 and since 2010 I drive Mk3 Golf 2.0 16V, Gr. E1-2000). Despite racing in Kosovo, I have also raced few races in the region (as tested Montenegro)

The real reason I have been registered despite to get to know eachother with, is that I have started a fund raising campaign to seek for funds and support to continue during the next racing season. Due to the fact that in Kosovo, it's pretty hard to find sponsors, with a help of my Irish friend Roger Jackaman (founder of "Kosovo Passion" facebook page), we have made a short clip for indiegogo.com (fund raising webpage) and a short presentation movie, where I have been interviewed in regard to my background and my racing car. If the targeted amount will be reached, they will be used to repair the 6 speed gearbox (gearbox without this I have big handicap), search engine upgrade as high performance camshafts, ECU management, suspension and slick tires. If not, any amount can be used for any possible changes, or at least to pay off my transportation expenses and participation.

So my dear friends, I am asking for any support you can give me in this direction (anyone can contribute starting from 1 $), if you can not contribute financially please help me share this campaign among your facebook, twitter, friends and family . Depending on amount of contribution there are perks that I will be respecting and for return I will make stickers with your names, logos, company name ... and carry them for entire season 2013 in my racing car. Any contribution of yours will be part of my success ...

These Are The Links of campaign, short film and few YouTube clips:

Short presentation movie:

Campaign:
Kosovo Racing Driver | Indiegogo

Practice day (circuit race in Montenegro, this is when I broke 2nd gear of my 6-speed gearbox) ... driving with slick in wet conditions

Race day (without 2nd gear)

I thank you in advance for any of your contribution ...

Cheers ...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.