Won't start - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
New Member Introductions New to the site? Tell us about yourself and your car. Break the ice in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Won't start

hey whats up im new to the forum and bought a 2003 jetta about three weeks ago. After buying my jetta my car will sometimes not start. After it happened the first time i took it to the shop and they said it was my impulse sender so it was replaced last week. However, a week later the same problem happened when i try and start the car it just gives a little revving sound but never starts up. Any ideas to why it wont start up???? Please help. One Arm Steve
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
wont start

new to the site. Just bought a 95 Jetta. Wouldnt shift until 4000 rpm. followed some advice to put key in run position and hold gas pedal down for 5 seconds. Car would only spin over and not start after that. I disconnected the battery and now the antitheft wont turn off...horn blows and car still wont start. wtf?
Sponsored Links

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > VW Forum News & VW News > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.