Which TCM matches my CLK tranny? - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
MK3 Discussion area for the third generation Golf III and Jetta III produced from 1993 to 1999 including Cabrio models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Points: 213, Level: 4 Points: 213, Level: 4 Points: 213, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Which TCM matches my CLK tranny?

1999 Jetta 2.0 Automatic which originally had a DLZ transmission. I am still going crazy trying to get my CLK tranny to talk to my Trans Control Module. The number on my tranny reads CLK 18095. I do know it is a 01M type but don't know the cars year it came out of from salvage yard. I can tell you that I have tried these TCM's. 01M 927 733 DL which caused all the lights on dash to light up (PRND321). Then I tried a 096 927 733 AT that salvage yard guy gave me. I found out later that this is not made for 01M tranny's, its for the 096 type tranny. Than my salvage yard guy gave me a 01M 927 733 BA. This one lit up my lights on dash again (PRND321) with a P1613 code but did not turn on check engine light. I get P1613 if I completely disconnect the TCM which just tells me there is no communication between my tranny and ECU I guess?! Does anyone know exactly which TCM is used with a CLK 18095 tranny? I know there are about 7 more different ones I can try that CLK uses. I need the one for code CLK 18095 which I read off the transmission. The VW dealer will not give me this information other than me bringing in the car and they will fit it with a new TCM at big bucks and my salvage yard guy is clueless. At this point I believe the car is in limp mode? It moves but does not shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

njkid,

I have the same problem on my car. I have a DLZ trans that was put into a 96 golf with a CLK trans that was in it. I could read the numbers off of the TCU and if you could off of yours we could help each other. I have been trying to solve my shifting problems and just found this is what has been done to the car. The TCU's have to match the transmission that is in the car. It might have more to it than that so I am not 100% sure cause there is 7 different ones that you stated.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in