passenger seat rattles - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
MK4 Discussion area for the new fourth generation Golf IV, 337, R32, 20th and Jetta IV produced from 1998 to 2004.5 including Cabrio models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4,835, Level: 44 Points: 4,835, Level: 44 Points: 4,835, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to dub flava
passenger seat rattles

my passenger seat rattles really badly after i have upgraded my suspension. Like if i hit the seat with my hand it will rattle and seem like it is loose...the back support seems loose. How do i tighten it? thanks

-Jason
| Giac Chip | Miltek Cat-Back | APR DP | Euro Switch | Clear side markers | OEM HID's | Bilstein Sport Shocks | H&R Sport Springs | V-1 Hardwired | N-75J Valve | Forge 007 DV | Eurosport Strut | Koni Coilovers *SOON* |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 02:39 AM
No Life Outside VWforum
Points: 9,670, Level: 66 Points: 9,670, Level: 66 Points: 9,670, Level: 66

Send a message via MSN to 109 LUVR
Re: passenger seat rattles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub flava
my passenger seat rattles really badly after i have upgraded my suspension. Like if i hit the seat with my hand it will rattle and seem like it is loose...the back support seems loose. How do i tighten it? thanks
Well, this might seem simple (and you have probably tried it) but sit in it and make sure it is secured all the way. Sometimes they look like they have returned to the completely enguaged setting after lifting the seat for rear clearance when they really aren't quite fully engauged.

Next I would try looking around to try and find where the rattle is coming from. Look under the seat for loose fasteners, wiggle the seat to see which way it is loose, etc...

If that doesn't work, let your dealer deal with it (assuming you are under warranty still).

And you don't know vibration until you ride with the dogbone bushing upgrade and a full 3" turboback; oh well: MY SEATS NOW HAVE MASSAGE FUNCTION!!!! YAY!!!

Although this new "function" works only around 2000-2300 rpm; oh well, I guess you have to deal with it when it's a free "upgrade"....

-Alex
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4,835, Level: 44 Points: 4,835, Level: 44 Points: 4,835, Level: 44

Send a message via AIM to dub flava
ya, i want to take it to the dealer. But this is a small problem, the dealer might not bother to fix it, I have to find other problems, and take it all at once.

-Jason
| Giac Chip | Miltek Cat-Back | APR DP | Euro Switch | Clear side markers | OEM HID's | Bilstein Sport Shocks | H&R Sport Springs | V-1 Hardwired | N-75J Valve | Forge 007 DV | Eurosport Strut | Koni Coilovers *SOON* |

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Points: 3,654, Level: 38 Points: 3,654, Level: 38 Points: 3,654, Level: 38

Send a message via AIM to Wolfsburg18T
No matter how small the problem may seem, if the car is under warranty when you take it to them they have to atleast try to fix the problem. I'm sure people bring cars to them all; the time with little squeaks and rattles.

'01 Jetta 1.8T WE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in