Stalling out - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
MK4 Discussion area for the new fourth generation Golf IV, 337, R32, 20th and Jetta IV produced from 1998 to 2004.5 including Cabrio models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Stalling out

Hello everyone. I have a 2005 Jetta GL with the 2.0 BBW engine. I got the car for cheap and it ran but had some issues which I'm progressively fixing. Well this issue that popped up after I replaced the Camshaft and lifters and could drive it for some time, it stalled out on me. I would drive it then all of a sudden its revs up RPMs then chuggs out and dies and the battery light comes on. I come to a complete stop, put it in park and its starts back up and I can continue on. The 1st time it happened I got a check engine light and it threw a code of P0322(engine crank or speed sensor). I replaced it and it was ok for a couple days then stalled again. I had changed my fuel pump and filter a while back when I had low fuel pressure on the rail to the injectors so I was pretty sure that was good unless I got a faulty pump, (which happens more than it should). I was hoping maybe this will work itself out as the sensor and parts get broken in. Well yesterday it stalled on me numerous times on the same drive (it was super hot here in Vegas too) but I decided something is very wrong and needs the fix. Because it seem like it was choking itself out of gas eventhough the tank was full the next component was a fuel pump relay. The relay is located under the dash on the driver's side and most every other Jetta the relay is numbered 409. Well for my car because its the BBW engine my relay is numbered 466(totally different). I replaced that and the cars starts up normally(which before it was hard starting and you had to give it gas to get the engine to fire up) and so far I have driven it a few times with no issues. I hope that was the problem and i can move on to the next issue.

George

2005 Jetta GL 2.0 BBW 4-Door Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > MK4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in