VW Forum banner

Over the Hill

20K views 43 replies 3 participants last post by  _FUBAR_ 
#1 · (Edited)
well my 08 jetta rolled over 100,000 miles. that gives me over 230,000 miles driven in a VW counting my mk4 and scirocco. so now that the jetta is on its way to death its in need of some help. the stock suspension is pretty much toasted. so what better solution than some ST coilovers. ordered those and a basic suspension rebuild kit. so waiting on the coilovers and other goodies. oh and tapatalk is nice. i couldnt stand the mobile web version.

quick run down of plans for the car.
coilovers and suspension/steering refresh
serpentine belt and waterpump
sparkplugs
maybe coilpacks
clean MAF(never did it)
new air filter(want to build a CAI or a box for it
respray sideskirts
fix fog lights
tranny fluid and filter. this one scares me.

and when i aint driving, im flying.

https://youtu.be/46eNUsRNWsg
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

See less See more
#14 ·
Rattlecanned the wheels. Spring time the are getting curb rash fixed, stripped, and powdercoated oem silver.
Radiator is cracked. Just turned over 126,000. Have new fenders but am holding out until I get smaller tires.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
replaced a ball joint. think cv shafts are on their way out. exhaust is leaking again. took a picture the other day.
also got this truck for free pretty much. it will be my new project. going to turn it into a trail truck.
79 f150 4x4 400 auto. needs floor pans, rockers, door work, fender work. bed is shot. might build a steel flatbed. frame is good. have not got it to run yet. cranks and gets fuel. havent checked spark. my end goal is lifted enough to fit 35-38in swampers on 15in wagon wheels. 4spd swap. paint it silverstone grey. going to make my own bumpers. bed line the whole inside floor. debating on bucket seats or bench. no hurry to fix it up. just going to be a slow build process.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

#21 ·
cleaned my engine bay and the chrome crap trim. ordered chrome mirror housings finally. also "made" mud flaps to jerk off a subura friend of mine. i call them meatflaps. i will throw picture of them up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
The end is near.
Coilovers came off. Wheels came off. Tomorrow should be my last day with it. May be getting a 2018 tiguan. Test drive a 2013 Toureg V6 yesterday. It had 60k on it and they wanted $18k for it. It was clean but the motor was filthy. I doubt any maintenance was performed.
So the wife said let's just go with something new. Debated on a new GTI but have been spoiled with the mazda's AWD. The Golf Alltrack is also in the mix.
Either way I will be in another VW. Once we pay some more on our cx5 it will be traded in on a VW as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.