First impressions and plee for help w/iPhone connection? - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
Phaeton VW Phaeton - This is the discussion forum for the VW Phaeton (VW Phaeton Forum, Volkswagen Phaeton Forum, Volkswagen Phaeton)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

First impressions and plee for help w/iPhone connection?

Hey everyone,

Just got home with the new ride. 800 miles and I'd do it again tomorrow! Man, what a car! I've owned two Audis; a V8 (predisessor to the A8 ) and an A6 Avanti. I loved them both, but the Phaeton shames them! It's so smooth and and quiet, you could hear someone whispering in the back seat at 100 mph. Got it up to 140 (purely for research purposes, of course) and it was nothing--solid, stable, no sweat. You could drive this car at a buck and a quarter all day long without any worries--except the going to jail thing. But I did hundreds of miles at 80 (75 mph limit road) and it felt like doing 30 in my wife's Sienna.

I could go on, a LOT...but you get the picture. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

However, the sound system is sick, but there is no Bluetooth or accessory jack. My car has the 6 disc changer in the glove box. I've discovered that a company named Dension or possibly Dice Electronics makes a plug and play adapter that can be plugged into the CD player jack, and that's probably what I'll go for...UNLESS, some of you folks have other suggestions or ideas. If any of you have any input I would really, REALLY love to hear it. Especially if there's some way to achieve the connection via Bluetooth. The adapter allows for an accessory jack connection. That's okay, but wireless would obviously be tons better.

Looking forward to hearing from you, so thanks in advance.

Also, if you have any questions about the car, don't hesitate to ask. Not that I'm excited about it or anything

Squid

Last edited by oldsquid; 08-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > Volkswagen Models > Other Models > Phaeton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in