New to VW, thinking about Tiguan, need advice on moonroof drain issue - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
New Member Introductions New to the site? Tell us about yourself and your car. Break the ice in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

New to VW, thinking about Tiguan, need advice on moonroof drain issue

Hey, thinking about getting a used Tiguan probably between 2012-2016. Been reading about the moonroof drain issue and wondering how big a problem this is? Is this something that can be dealt with proactively without having to remove all the interior trim panels or do I just wait for mold on the floor to deal with it. I saw a few Youtube videos, seems a bit like a pain to deal with. Also, any other issues I should be aware of with a used Tiguan? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM

I posted also about the mold problem, no reply. So I simply searched "mold". Mine is a 2009, however, thought I would at least let you know your post is being seen...... mine has been a nightmare. Even though every VW mechanic is aware of the problem, VW says not a safety issue. Certified letters sent have received no reply. The connector parts are absolutely substandard along with the glue, both become like glass and just shatter. Maybe you can find an honest, certified VW mechanic, that over a beer will give you true advice. The mileage, look and sturdiness are great and a very comfortable long ride vehicle. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > VW Forum News & VW News > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in