Unreliable Golf 2.0 Tdi Dsg - VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum
New Member Introductions New to the site? Tell us about yourself and your car. Break the ice in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thumbs down Unreliable Golf 2.0 Tdi Dsg

Hi, All.

Afraid this is not a good message...
I want to alert you all that are looking at buying a Golf TDI DSG for the problems you may find after a few years.
I bought mine back in 2004.
I wanted a practicl, reliable car and I thought I had one.
This car of mine has 115000 Km and last week it simply failled to start; it was parked indoors and according to the oficial garage I always use, the car has the following problems.

1. the starting engined had burned-out; a new one needs to be fitted;
2. the car was consuming cooling liquid and... after the review, the motor-head had a fissure, so a new one is needed;
3. worst of all, the car was doing a not loud but anoying noise; again, bad news: the noise came from the DSG gearbox, which has no means of repair or reset, a new one is needed if I want the noise to go away.

Mind you: this car had never been exposed to extreme driving situations, I've always been a excelent driver and however looks at the car thinks it is brand new, so well it has been perserved.

The above repairs will have a cost of 10000 EUR plus, which is a total waist of money.
I'm now looking at a japanese car, eventualy mazda, which seems to be 8as always) much more reliable than german ones.

Appreciate any comments from anyonw who has faced the same as I'm going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
No Life Outside VWforum
Points: 34,361, Level: 100 Points: 34,361, Level: 100 Points: 34,361, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Send a message via AIM to TTTurbo1.8T
You are an idiot. Get out of the forum now. Because you had a handful of problems with your one volkswagen does not mean that every single volkswagen has problems. Albeit VW is not the most reliable brand on the market, but people who love these cars don't love them for their reliability. Someone needs to put you behind the wheel of a Toyota Camry so you can shutup and enjoy your boring car.

Cody

Boost or GTFO

2012 Volkswagen Candy White CC R-Line 6-Speed manual
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Points: 6,910, Level: 54 Points: 6,910, Level: 54 Points: 6,910, Level: 54
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

LOL...never mind Cody...he get that way. Sucks that you've had a bad experience with your VW. However, I wouldn't go so far to say that all VW's are bad. Some cars are lemons, plain and simple...no matter what manufacturer makes them.

Mike (MKIII Emeritus)

Currently owned German vehicles:
2003 Volkswagen Passat GLX 2.8l
2003 BMW X5
2001 BMW R1200c (motorrad)

Previously owned German vehicles:
1996 VW Golf GL
1975 VW Microbus
1981 BMW 528i
1987, 1989, 1990, 1991 BMW 535i
1990 BMW 525i
1998 BMW 328i
1997 BMW 740il

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 09:46 PM
No Life Outside VWforum
Points: 34,361, Level: 100 Points: 34,361, Level: 100 Points: 34,361, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Send a message via AIM to TTTurbo1.8T
I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. I hate when one person tries to ruin the experience for everyone else because they had bad luck. You don't go on an enthusiast forum and try and tell everybody on there that their vehicle is garbage, you just don't. If you have no intention of positive assistance on this forum them please perform the action demonstrated in the aforementioned animation.

Cody

Boost or GTFO

2012 Volkswagen Candy White CC R-Line 6-Speed manual
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Velasco View Post
Hi, All.

Afraid this is not a good message...
I want to alert you all that are looking at buying a Golf TDI DSG for the problems you may find after a few years.
I bought mine back in 2004.
I wanted a practicl, reliable car and I thought I had one.
This car of mine has 115000 Km and last week it simply failled to start; it was parked indoors and according to the oficial garage I always use, the car has the following problems.

1. the starting engined had burned-out; a new one needs to be fitted;
2. the car was consuming cooling liquid and... after the review, the motor-head had a fissure, so a new one is needed;
3. worst of all, the car was doing a not loud but anoying noise; again, bad news: the noise came from the DSG gearbox, which has no means of repair or reset, a new one is needed if I want the noise to go away.

Mind you: this car had never been exposed to extreme driving situations, I've always been a excelent driver and however looks at the car thinks it is brand new, so well it has been perserved.

The above repairs will have a cost of 10000 EUR plus, which is a total waist of money.
I'm now looking at a japanese car, eventualy mazda, which seems to be 8as always) much more reliable than german ones.

Appreciate any comments from anyonw who has faced the same as I'm going through.
Sounds like your car was never serviced properly i have a 2011 2.0TDI 140bhp Golf DSG and the Gearbox oil needs changing every 60000km and im sure if the engine oil gets changed at the right intervals it helps my dealer didnt change the oil in my DSG Caddy until a mate noticed in the service manual it needed to be changed was 8thou over nearly crap builds up in the filter etc bits of metal n all that so if ya hav a DSG Car new or 2nd hand make sure its serviced right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum > VW Forum News & VW News > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW Forum :: Volkswagen Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in