VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
900 BHP!!!! can i have one! man, i have to say, it doesnt get my vote for looks but shit! taht thing rocks! i have seen it befor but not the stats! that thing is God on wheels man!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dude,

I don't think I trust those stats. I'm sorry, but any car that makes 900 hp, 629 lb-ft, has a top speed of 217mph, and only weighs 2376 lbs is going to go 0-60 a hell of alot faster than 4.5 seconds!!!! Plus, doesn't this thing run a 10 or 11 second quarter?!?!? I think that someone is just pulling numbers outta their.....yeah.

But, can I have this dash!?!?!?!?!

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: V33dub_GTI ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're right V33. However, I did some more digging and the car really exists, it is a company car Dahlback and you have a choice from 600-900 BHP for the 1998 Golf.

DAHLBACK MAIN PAGE

Here is a quote from their site:

"The stock 1.8 litre engine has been replaced by an inline five cylinder 2.1 litre Audi turbo engine with two large intercoolers. The engine develops about 600-900 hp depending on the choice of turbo and setup. To make room for the larger engine, the inner fenders had to be replaced by chrome-molybden pipes."

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
Dude,

I don't think I trust those stats. I'm sorry, but any car that makes 900 hp, 629 lb-ft, has a top speed of 217mph, and only weighs 2376 lbs is going to go 0-60 a hell of alot faster than 4.5 seconds!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's not a 4.5 sec 0-60, it's a 4.5 sec 0-100. I have some video's of this car running on the track and doing some donuts. The car is nuts!!!
jon

·
Registered
180 Posts
the 0-100 is kilometers not miles meaning that is only does 0 to about 62 mph in 4.5 sec... and this car is very real.. if i can find the link i'll post this great video that dahlback made of this car...

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
But it's not a 4.5 sec 0-60, it's a 4.5 sec 0-100.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if you look at the original link that TF gave us, it says 0-100 KPH, which is the same thing as 0-62 MPH.

But yeah, I know it's a real car, and I've read about it on Dahlback's web-site. That car is freakin awsome. Fender's straight from VW Motorsports!!! I want'm. But yeah, I've known about this car for about a year now, it's sweet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Haha, I said the same thing as GL, guess I need to read the ENTIRE thread before I post!!!!

Oh yeah, and in all this digging you guys are doing, I don't suppose you've found anything that says how much it cost?? I know that first site said 1,000,000 DM, but I know not how much that is, and like I said, I don't know if I trust all those numbers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hm, I don't think that can be right either, because:
a) 1,000,000 DM equals roughly $500,000.00
and
b) DM are no longer in existence, Germany uses Euros now...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Acutually, for that car, I don't $500,000 would be too far off base. I mean, you take into consiteration that the pretty much the only thing on it that is untuched is pretty much the VW emblems!!!! (well, maybe there is alittle more untouched than that, but not much more)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts