VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How might I go about purchasing a replacement driver's sun visor? I'm considering installing a flip-down LCD module in the visor and a computer in the trunk (MP3, GPS, backup camera, etc). Seems that everywhere I look, I need a *part number* to order a visor!

While I'm here; is the Bentley "Official Factory Repair Manual" on CD ($99) remotely worthwhile, or should I find something else? I'm looking for pictures/instructions regarding interior trim, electronics, as well as mechanical work (engine, transmission, etc.) I've done a fair amount of work on some older vehicles; oil pump on a volvo 240dl, timing chain on a dodge van, etc. The manuals (Hayes, Dodge official) for those vehicles suck, and I've never done interior work (always afraid of breaking things). Pointers? Resources? Ideas are welcome!

Thanks

cj

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Get me your interior color and tell me which visor you need, and I can get you a part # (I have VW's ETKA parts database on my computer).

·
Registered
423 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
(I have VW's ETKA parts database on my computer).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have the Etka CD on my computer too. Bought it of someguy selling them on ebay. I think i paided $20.00 with shipping. Great for any VW owner to have. Helps me out a lot. And my friends need info from the disc as well.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwolfsburg18t:
.......haha thats what i need, the parts database on my computer. Thats a true VW owner for you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carson is our resident vw dealer tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts