VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i got a 01 jetta tdi the other day that only runs for a second after the shorted the cluster out...so i assume its the immo but when the PO tried troubleshooting they took some wires out of the connectors for the green plug an im not sure where they go, i looked in the repair manual but cant seem to find it. one wires is green with a yellow strip an the other is purple with a white strip. also when i replace the cluster what clusters will fit, its a manual as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only thing I'm finding in my Haynes manual is a yellow/green wire that has a wire splice that turns to red wire going to the brake wear sensor. the lilac/white wire goes to the washer level sender and is tied into the brown/white wire. Reference is page 12-28 of the Haynes Repair Manual for the Golf, Jetta, and GTI 99-05. I hope this sheds some light on the problem. As far as the cluster itself goes any model should work. Your gonna have to get it programed to the car though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, i appreciate it. i actually already got a new cluster and reporgrammed it myself with a vagcom and vcds and vag commander. car is up and running quite nicely and am now just cleaning up the body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts