VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2002 Jetta 1.8T with the optional sport suspension and 17" wheels. I have heard that the springs included with this package are made by Eibach and that they are the same ones sold in the VW Accesories catalogue. I tried making sure by putting my car on a lift and all I could find out were that my schocks are made by Boge. The reason I want to know is that my friend has a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse with Eibach pro-kit springs and the ride and height are excellent. My Jetta's sport suspension leaves me longing for a lower more stable feeling ride and the company of choice for me would be to go with the Eibach pro kit and pro damper. I checked with Eibach and it shows that there kit lowers the car 1.3" in the front and 1.3" in the rear. Now my question is this. Do I already have that drop? Or are my springs the same height as normal Jetta springs only stiffer? I did the finger test on a normal Jetta and the gap in the wheel well seemed exact to mine. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts