VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody I have a 2003 2.0L GL Jetta with a blown engine, My rod put a 2in hole in the side of my engine block and im wondering if i should buy a new engine or buy another car and sell this one. By the way the body has around 143k on it and the engine only had around 97K on it i just had an oil change. The previous owner had flooded the engine through her front mount AEM Cold Air Intake. So this engine was brand new, she bought the engine it looks like around 2007 and i have replaced the oil every time it needed it and replaced anything that need to be replaced. By the way i have owned this car for only 1year and its my first my car. (PS. I was about to go onto the interstate before I even got to the on ramp it blew.) :confused:

Engine Block
IMG_1266.jpg

Back
IMG_1009.jpg

Front
IMG_0921.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's a very clean car, but you won't get very much out of it. You may get more with a part-out. Your best bet will probably be to buy another (preferrably black) Jetta and keep that one as a donor car for parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys I think I'll just sell it and buy something else, have any suggestions on a new car that probably won't blow up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts