VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first VW last weeek, an '03 Jetta GLI. I am having a problem with the windshield wipers. When the wipers are being used, they occasionally get stuck mid-swipe. They start up again after about 20 nerve-wracking seconds. When it happens, I fuss with the stalk, reach out the window to try to manually get them going, and ultimately pull over. Nothing I do seems to have any input on their behavior. It happens in all wiper speeds, and during intermittent, they speed up to high prior to stopping. I brought it to the dealer, and they were unable to replicate the problem, so they pushed it back out the door and told me there wasn't an issue. I do not have a rain sensor option, so I assume it's a faulty speed control relay or something. Any others experience this problem and figure out how to fix it? I'm just afraid I'm gonna get the blank stare when I bring it back again for the same problem.

Other than that, so far so good. Granted, she only has 1700 miles on her.

·
Registered
380 Posts
hmm so your saying is that u took it to the dealer and they were fine? Well i would take it back again and try until it goes bad. its still a new car. They should replace that problem.

Emir

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, not only that, but I picked it up today and it appears that they put it on the lift for some reason...there are two identical softball sized dents on both rear rocker panels. Great. I must say, they were very nice while trying to skeeve out of that. Anyone have a good VW Dealer/Service in the Boston area? I'd hate to go back to these guys.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
my wipers were giving me a problem about a month ago-more extensive than just the wipers (headlight PROBLEMS! please help!) but my problem was a loose/coroded grounds. the electrical grounds are underneath your battery tray. something to check out. as for the dents, are you sure they are not the little arrows to tell you where to put the jack??

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
RoLLinVDub said:
hmm so your saying is that u took it to the dealer and they were fine? Well i would take it back again and try until it goes bad. its still a new car. They should replace that problem.

Emir
what problem should they replace it with? maybe a faulty coilpack? :wink:

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
eNiX said:
I am having the EXACT same problem with my 2000 vr6. Other than the ground issue, any other ideas?
dude. this was 2 years ago. I don't even remember having this problem. Sorry I couldn't be a help. It could be a bad relay, or a short in the wiring? good luck

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
zack/bh said:
Just got my first VW last weeek, an '03 Jetta GLI. I am having a problem with the windshield wipers. When the wipers are being used, they occasionally get stuck mid-swipe. They start up again after about 20 nerve-wracking seconds. When it happens, I fuss with the stalk, reach out the window to try to manually get them going, and ultimately pull over. Nothing I do seems to have any input on their behavior. It happens in all wiper speeds, and during intermittent, they speed up to high prior to stopping. I brought it to the dealer, and they were unable to replicate the problem, so they pushed it back out the door and told me there wasn't an issue. I do not have a rain sensor option, so I assume it's a faulty speed control relay or something. Any others experience this problem and figure out how to fix it? I'm just afraid I'm gonna get the blank stare when I bring it back again for the same problem.

Other than that, so far so good. Granted, she only has 1700 miles on her.
Tha'ts what your warranty is for :wink: Bring it to the dealer and they'll figure it out and fix it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
buh!! forgot to check the date on the post,....i just did a search and this one was most relevent. Im gonna check all the wiring as soon as the weather gets a little better....what are the chances of my f*&kin wipers going when the forecast calls for rain the whole week...lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
my wipers went bad this past march...they would just go reallllllly slow and sometimes just stop in the middle...took it to the dealer, they said my transmission in my wiper motor was going out and i also had badly corroded bracket arms connecting to the wipers from the motor...so $600 later, they are working..

gach

1 - 11 of 11 Posts