VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Jetta over the summer as a fun little beater car. While driving home from work one day, I noticed my rpm’s would start to drop as I got on the gas. I could hear the pitch of the engine change as the throttle body opened but it wouldn’t go anywhere. thought I might be out of gas but I had like 1/4 tank left. Friend stopped by and poured in 2 gallons of gas. Still no start. Pushed it home as I was like 2 blocks away and it’s been sitting about 2 months now. Fuel pump sounds fine but I haven’t really done anything else other than listen to it hum. Where would be the best place to start? Cars got 118k miles btw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a Jetta over the summer as a fun little beater car. While driving home from work one day, I noticed my rpm’s would start to drop as I got on the gas. I could hear the pitch of the engine change as the throttle body opened but it wouldn’t go anywhere. thought I might be out of gas but I had like 1/4 tank left. Friend stopped by and poured in 2 gallons of gas. Still no start. Pushed it home as I was like 2 blocks away and it’s been sitting about 2 months now. Fuel pump sounds fine but I haven’t really done anything else other than listen to it hum. Where would be the best place to start? Cars got 118k miles btw.
check fo see if gas is reaching eng. if not there is a fuel pump in the tank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts