VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the first Mk5s here are going to be the Golf-based MPV, with the Golf and variants following about a year later, witht the Jetta shortly after(Get a second opinion on all this
). The R32, the >230hp/4mo one, if it comes to the US will likely be a final edition for the Mk4, like the RX-7 Spirit R, and cost at least $30k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah...the mk5's are probably gonna be a while....and if there's any 240ish hp, 4motions coming they will be $$$$$$$$lots.
wp

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering an '03 GTI 1.8T (can you believe they've got ESP as an option now? ESP on a ~20k car!).

However, I'm worried that in 2004 or 2005 they're gonna release a new body style with a screaming ~230 hp engine and 4motion. So, does anyone know when this generation will likely be replaced?

Also, I haven't seen the new 17" wheel design for '03..does anyone have a pic of the new wheel design or has anyone seen it yet?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Plus no one knows what the new MKV's are going to look like, from the drawings out there right now (and there are alot of diffrent one's out there) not many people like what they are doing with it.
jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
isn't the mk5 going to look something like the 2002 civic si but way better....

..i heard the mk5's are going to be something like

2.0 16v
2.0 turbo
sixspeed(standard all)
etc.

i don't remember...i read it somewhere..don't remember..

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
You are looking at at least 2 maybe 3 years till you see a MK5. If you are looking to get a sporty turbo hatch for around 20K nothing will come close to the GTI 1.8T. Great solid car inside and out with literly thundreds of add-ons and hop-ups to do.

I have yet to see any new wheel style for the 17" VW stock wheel category so if anybody does find this please post for me as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Havent seen the EXOR's on any GTI's yet...but i think they would look nice, wouldn't mind putting a few on the Jetta.
wp

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, they had those at the dealer when I went for my oil change... mighty fine lookin wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
fli, which car did you see those on?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
not on a car, they just have a rack set up with all the wheels sittin there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts